You may be eligible for up to 5 sessions with a Medicare rebate if you have been suffering from a chronic or complex medical condition that has been present (or is likely to be) for 6 months or longer. Your GP will need to prepare a GP management plan, or include exercise physiology as part of a team care arrangement (TCA), which then needs to be faxed through to us, or brought in prior to your initial appointment. Please discuss this option with your GP first.
Chronic diseases include, but are not limited to:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Pre-Diabetes or Type II Diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic pain & other musculoskeletal conditions such as osteoarthritis
Body Link Health Clinic runs an 8 week program for those living with type 2 diabetes, which also includes an initial assessment. Patients with pre-diabetes will also derive significant benefit from this program, however will not be eligible for Medicare rebates. Our diabetes program runs throughout the year and includes:
- Advanced education surrounding diabetes and it’s management (including diet and exercise)
- Weekly exercise participation and home exercise programs
- Resource booklet, including both dietary and exercise advice
- Support and motivation to stay on track with healthy behaviour changes
To be eligible for Medicare rebates, your GP will need to confirm your eligibility and fax through the appropriate referral form and/or provide you with a copy that must be shown to us prior to your initial session to receive a rebate. If you would like more information how to access these services under Medicare, please contact us or contact your GP for further information.